Centro Internazionale Crocevia is looking for IPC policy and advocacy assistant on small-scale fisheries. Read the full job descriptions below :
|Post Title||Support in the facilitation of the IPC Working Group on Fisheries|
|Organization||Centro Internazionale Crocevia Onlus|
|Duty station||Rome, via Pigafetta 84A 00154 (possibility to work remotely due to COVID limitations)|
|Type of contract||Co.co.co|
|Duration of appointment||6 months, with the possibility of extension based on the results|
|Language required||Fluent written and spoken English (required). Spanish and/or French is highly desirable;|
|Starting date||1st of October 2021|
|Deadline for application||31st of August 2021|
General description of the post
Centro Internazionale Crocevia Onlus is a Rome-based NGO working in support of small-scale food producers and towards a paradigm shift in food production in favor of agroecological and food sovereignty practices that are ecologically sustainable and culturally appropriate.
As part of its international action, Crocevia is the international secretariat of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (IPC), an autonomous and self-organised global platform of more than 6000 organisations and 300 million small-scale food producers which, with technical support from selected NGOs, bring the voice of millions of food producers to the attention of decision-makers in various international policy processes.
Within the IPC, Crocevia has been designated to facilitate the work and the activities of the IPC Working Group on Fisheries. Under the supervision of the two main Project Officers, the Policy and Advocacy Assistant will support the facilitation of the Working Group in the implementation of its advocacy strategy, while complying with projects’ tasks.
Responsibilities and requirements of the Policy & Advocacy Assistant
- Assist the Project Officers in preparation, facilitation and follow-up of Working Group’s meetings and activities;
- Draft agendas and minutes, prepare supporting documents and ensure information sharing among members’ organizations;
- Monitor policy development and carry out policy research relating to small-scale fisheries;
- Support the Project Officers in the management of projects carried out in the framework of the Working Group and in the identification and drafting of new ones;
- Brief colleagues as required, ensure a proper information exchange with the other IPC Working Groups, provide updated information for IPC communication tools, and assist in writing documents;
- Perform other related duties, including logistical and administrative support to the IPC International Secretariat, as required;
If you would like to join our team, you should have the following skills and competencies
- Fluent written and spoken English (required). Spanish and/or French is highly desirable;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- One to two years’ relevant professional experiences. NGOs sector desirable;
- Knowledge and/or interest in food sovereignty and small-scale fisheries;
- Strong writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work in a small, multicultural team;
- Knowledge of administrative tasks;
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to work remotely for the initial months, with the possibility of moving to Rome if the COVID situation will stabilize. With the reopening of international travel, possibility of travel as required.
- And most importantly, we are looking for a fun team player! The ideal candidate is collaborative, can take initiative, is organised and problem-solving and has a great sense of humour.
The deadline for applications is the 31st of August 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing Policy & Advocacy Assistant in the subject line, as well as your name and surname, and include:
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.