|Assistant in the IPC International Secretariat
|Centro Internazionale Crocevia Onlus
|Rome, via Pigafetta 84A 00154 (possibility to work remotely due to COVID limitations, but possibility to move to Rome)
|Type of contract
|Duration of appointment
|6 months, with the possibility of extension based on the results
|Fluent written and spoken English (required). Spanish and/or French is highly desirable;
|As soon as possible
|Deadline for application
|24th of September 2021
General description of the post
Centro Internazionale Crocevia is a Rome-based NGO working in support of small-scale food producers and towards a paradigm shift in food production in favour of agroecological and food sovereignty practices.
As part of its international action, Crocevia acts as secretariat of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (IPC), an autonomous and self-organised global platform of more than 6000 organisations and 300 million small-scale food producers which, with technical support from selected NGOs, bring the voice of millions of food producers to the attention of decision-makers in various international policy processes.
The IPC Secretariat is composed of 2 to 3 persons. The secretaries work directly with the IPC Facilitation Committee and support the preparation of various events and the facilitation of processes.
Responsibilities and requirements of the IPC Secretariat Assistant
- Note taking and reporting on internal meetings and international events;
- Draft agendas and minutes, prepare supporting documents and ensure information sharing among members’ organizations;
- Support in the preparation of project reports;
- Follow-up, analysis and reporting of institutional processes;
- Participation in FAO conferences to provide support to IPC international delegates;
- Translation of texts into English, French and Spanish;
- Support IPC logistics.
If you would like to join our team, you should have the following skills and competencies
- Fluent written and spoken English (required). French and Spanish are highly desirable. Italian and English are the vehicular language in the office;
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in political science, sociology, rural development or similar;
- At least one year of relevant professional experiences. Within social movements is desirable;
- Knowledge and/or interest in food sovereignty;
- Strong writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work in a small, multicultural team;
- With the reopening of international travel, possibility of travel as required.
The deadline for applications is the 24th of September 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please email your application in English to email@example.com, writing “Vacancy IPC secretary” in the subject line, as well as your name and surname, and include:
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job.