|Post Title:||Technical support|
|Organization||Centro Internazionale Crocevia Onlus|
|Duty station:||Rome, via Pigafetta 84A 00157 Roma|
|Deadline for Application||12 January 2020 – 24:00 (CET time)|
|Duration of Appointment:||12 months|
|Language required:||English and at least one between Spanish and French.|
|Salary||According to the expertise|
Centro Internazionale Crocevia is an NGO devoted to international cooperation and solidarity that was founded in 1958 and recognized non-profit organization in 1962. For over 50 years Centro Internazionale Crocevia has worked together with local communities in education, communication and agriculture, promoting and realizing international cooperation projects in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Centro Internazionale Crocevia has carried out awareness campaigns in Italy and abroad on issues of environment, biodiversity, biotechnology, food sovereignty and the right to equitable and sustainable development.
Centro Internazionale Crocevia has been entrusted with the international coordination of the International Planning Committee (IPC) for Food Sovereignty (https://www.foodsovereignty.org/), a mechanism that facilitates the interaction between movements, CSOs and NGOs with regard to the FAO and other agencies that deal with Food and agriculture in Rome (FAO, IFAD, WFP and Biodiversity). The authority and representativeness of this organization has been recognized by the FAO and other relevant bodies of international institutions such as IFAD and many governments in the South as in the North.
At national and European level, Crocevia is working on the legal framework of seeds’ systems. Crocevia is part of the Rete Semi Rurali and the European Coordination Let’s Liberate Diversity, which are networks of organizations working on seeds issues, farmers and seeds producers. At the same time, Crocevia is building its own position on the seeds’ system – especially regarding the peasants’ seeds’ systems – in collaboration with European social movements – e.g. European Coordination of La Via Campesina.
After the adoption in 2015 of the Voluntary Guidelines for Securing Sustainable Small-Scale Fisheries in the Context of Food Security and Poverty Eradication (http://www.fao.org/3/a-i4356en.pdf), Crocevia focused it work in the implementation of these Guidelines, supporting the facilitation of the Working Group on Fisheries of the IPC. The IPC Working Group includes four global fisher folks organizations and it is leading the process of the implementation of these guidelines inside and beyond the FAO (also at the level of the CBD for example).
Scope of the work
The technical support at Centro Internazionale Crocevia will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the IPC Secretariat (Project Coordinator) and the facilitator of the IPC Working Group on Fisheries (Assistant Project Manager) in their work.
- Produce reports of internal meetings, international events and support for project reporting
- Participate in FAO Conferences to give support to the IPC delegates, note taking and reports.
- Collection of boarding pass and distribution of per diem and reimbursement of travels.
- Translate texts in English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Create contents for the website and social network of the IPC: videos, interviews, articles and other ways of communication.
- Support the logistic work of Crocevia: buy airplanes, book hotels, manage the office.
- Support the staff in activities as: event and workshop organization, strengthening of activism and voluntary network, maintenance and construction of new partnerships.
Degree of expertise and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor degree or equivalent related to agriculture, political science, sociology or food chain;
- An excellent knowledge of English (writing and speaking) and at least one between French and Spanish.
- Good understanding of global governance and the FAO system. Acknowledgement of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (http://www.foodsovereignty.org/).
- Ability to interface with a different range of persons (Governments, peasants, social movements, intergovernmental institutions, volunteers, activists).
- Good skills in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Good capacity in reporting.
- Acknowledgement of fisher folks issues is considered an asset.
Reporting, Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- The technical support will report to and the Project Coordinator and the Assistant Project Manager.
Rome, 18 December 2020